- Flexible styling for curly or wavy hair
- Easy to distribute
- Gives hair a soft, pliable finish
Can give hair a greasy look and feel.
If this styling cream worked across all hair types, we would have no choice but to rank it higher on this list. But, it doesn’t. That said, it conquers a huge section of the market – men with curly hair. It’s got a medium hold and a definite matte finish (which is perfect since hair with curl tends to hold more moisture). And still it's got the flexible hold that you expect from a hair cream.
Woody’s cream is easy to work into your hair and easier to wash out. Really, the biggest drawback to this product is that it’s not going to work wonders on straight hair – that’s not to say it won’t work; it just won’t do the same job.
Application: This styling cream is best applied to hair that has already been dried. But don't worry, you'll get that glistening sensation that you're after.
Who It’s For: This is a taming cream of note and one that you should especially take note of if you've got curly hair. In fact, it is more or less designed for those men.
Why We Love It: Men with curly hair face special challenges beyond styling and control, but this cream tackles both better than just about every other styling product out there.
What Reviewers Say:
- I have used all kinds of products to try and get my wavy, thick hair to do what I want it to and this stuff works the best. Found it was best when I dried my hair completely and then rubbed this in and styled. Good stuff.
- If you have wavy or curly hair, I highly recommend Woody's to style. It works incredibly well and you'll be getting your money's worth.
- Here's how I describe it: Medium hold. Matte finish. Seems like their might be fibers to tame the strays - at least that's how it seem to react when you pull your fingers apart. Won't make your hair crusty hard. Like other reviewers, I have thick, wavy hair. By the time the hold isn't sufficient, I need a haircut. :)
- Rated #8 in 11 Best Hair Creams for Men