For many, tattoos are pieces of art around their body that represent their life. Some are artful symbols we attribute meaning to, while others are just there for visual and aesthetic purposes.
For the case of fashion and lifestyle YouTuber Tim Dessaint, he is a mixture of both. About 80 to 90 percent of his tattoos tell a story of a point of his life, and the other 10 percent is purely aesthetic.
In his most requested video, he breaks down and tells the story and meaning behind his first tattoo, biggest and smallest tattoo, most and least painful tattoo, most recent tattoo, and his favorite tattoo.
“I’ve been a little reluctant to share this video, to say the least, because my tattoos are very personal to me. Showing them on my skin is one thing, but actually talking about them to you, and just putting myself out there feels like I’m getting naked in front of you and revealing my secrets,” says Dessaint.
Tattoos can be extremely personal, which makes us want to give props to Tim for sharing this video with us.
If you’re curious about Tim’s tattoos make sure to check out his video below, and who knows, you might even find inspiration for your very own.