Best Travel Card for Excellent Credit
Cash Advance APRn/a
Rewards Rate1 point for every dollar
Bonus OffersEarn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months. Terms apply.
- Rated #2 in 6 Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
Enjoy VIP status when you whip out your Platinum AmEx at participating airports, restaurants, and hotels. No foreign transaction fees.
Hefty annual fee - but it’s worth it if you’re a frequent traveler. The card’s benefits are incredible.
Application Process: Find out whether you need to clear a spot in your wallet for this Platinum American Express in just 30 seconds. The online app is super simple.
Bonus Offers: Want an easy 60,000 points? Just charge $5,000 in the first 3 months with your Platinum AmEx. This impressive bonus offer basically knocks out the annual fee that some people gripe about paying (more on that later).
Rewards: Wow, where do we even begin? You can rack up more rewards with this credit card than any other card on this list. Here are some perks that cardholders love:
- Gold Status from Hilton and Starwood Properties
- $200 airline fee credit
- Save up to $200 per year on Uber rides
- 5X Membership Rewards Points on qualifying hotels and flights
- Fee credit for TSA PreCheck and Global Entry
- Elite Status with participating rental car companies
- Complimentary access to upscale airline lounges
APR: You don’t pay interest on your purchases because you aren’t allowed to carry a balance. You have to pay off this card in full each month.
Annual Fee: At $550, the annual fee is the highest on our list (and some folks gripe about it). Most cardholders feel the fee is reasonable, though, since you get an insane amount of benefits with this Platinum AmEx.