Need to scan a section of a book for research? This small scanner does it without cluttering your phone.
- 1 GB built-in memory
- Super clear images of 2048 x 1536 pixels
If you're not the kind of guy who wants to clutter your phone with scans and images, this is the perfect gadget for work and school. One day, we may be completely paperless and this gadget is just one of the ways to get there. Not only does this scan into jpeg format, it also has an audio recorder for wav memos. It connects to your computer via internal flash drive... and, of course, you can use it as a pen.
What Reviewers Say:
89% of Hammacher reviewers would recommend this gadget to their friends. Here's what they have to say:
- The pen is fabricated with highest quality from metal, not plastic. You have plenty of "wow" factor wielding such a device. "What is that?" people will ask. The metal barrel screws off nicely to reveal a sturdy USB. The engineering and quality is superb. The concept is novel and unique. Initially I was apprehensive that such a pen would be huge, but it fits nicely in the shirt/coat pocket – however there is no clip so it rolls. The alternative scan pens on the market are laborious, slow, typically inaccurate and huge by comparison. Essentially this device is a pen camera with a laser frame guide.
- As a student I find it helpful to be able to digitize and then be able to search my study materials. The scanner pen does an acceptable job of capturing the material I am interested in. I can then convert it to pdf and use it as I need.
Two handed use is prefered, and you want to ensure that you use oblique lighting, but other than that it works exactly as advertised, and I'm very happy with my purchase.
- This laser pen scanner is quite interesting and useful. Now, when I find a recipe I love, I take out the scanner and save it for download into my personal computer. Just love the convenience of saving information I read in magazines and various publications directly into my computer.
- Rated #8 in Entering Grad School? This is the Tech You'll Need
- Rated #2 in Get Better Grades Now (and All Year Long)