Earlier this year, Pebble amped up its offering; the new Pebble Steel if far more advanced than its predecessor. Featuring a tough gorilla glass display, this edgy looking device is available in matte black or brushed stainless steel, you can also choose either a leather or metal band.
The Pebble Steel, as it name implies, is constructed with machined 316 stainless steel, which can withstand extreme temperatures and drops.
Underneath this elegant design, though, is where the magic happens. Pebble is known for its intuitive interface, easy to read E-Ink display, and long battery life. As with it's predecessor, the Pebble Steel sports three navigational buttons on its side, which allows users to work with the interface.
New this year is Pebble's app store, which boasts over 1,000 apps now. All of their apps also work with both iOS and Android phones.
Measuring 1.5 x 1.4 x 0.4 inches, the Pebble Steel is both slimmer and narrower than the Sony Smartwatch 2. The device also ships with a charger that features convenient magnetic pins for easy positioning.
Don't let it's elegant looks fool you - the Pebble Steel can withstand dives up to 165' deep. In our testing, we dropped it into a 10' deep pool for 20 minutes. After retrieval the watch was still fully functional, with no noticeable lag.
- Rated #1 in Our Fave Smartwatches: Go On, Admit It - You Want One
- Rated #11 in Terrorism...Ebola - Take a Break With These Utterly Cool Gadget Gift Ideas for 2014
- Rated #3 in Best Gifts for Men Who Love Gadgets
- Rated #3 in Here are the Best Gifts for Men of 2014. Period.
- Rated #5 in 10 Extraordinary Futuristic Watches for Men