- Quality decaf brew
- Exceptional taste for decaf
- Simple, bold flavor
The biggest complaint about these k-cups is that they are not as flavorful as non-decaf coffees. But, hey, that's difficult to fix.
The Original Donut Shop brand isn’t that donut-flavored coffee, so you can count yourself in good hands with these K-cups, even if they are decaf. These are still bold and flavorful; they just aren't going to give you the jitters. Simple and delicious, the Original Donut Shop Decaf is a great escape from the complex and complicated coffees that are common place today. The Original Donut Shop Decaf is a perfectly balanced brew created using only the highest quality Arabica beans.
Okay, okay, we know… if you’re not going to drink the real stuff, what’s the point? Well, for those times when you can’t have any more caffeine but you're still craving some coffee, of course! We’re not saying these will be your go-to, only that you should have them on hand for when you need them.
It’s also worth noting that decaf coffee still has a tiny bit of caffeine in it. But, this particular blend has such a small amount that it’s comparable to Folgers decaf… just with a way better taste.
- Flavor: As far as decaf coffees go, this is the closest you’re going to get to something that tastes real. Of course, you won’t have the full coffee experience, but this blend is pretty good for a decaf.
- Body: We really wanted to give this full marks for body given that it is an outright winner in its category, but we couldn’t. Still, it’s not at the bottom of the log.
- Aroma: The aroma of this product is about what you would expect for a medium blend of regular coffee; not overpowering, but still tempting.
- Price: At 55 cents a cup, you could do a lot worse. Consider that you're paying for non-caffeinated coffee, which is more difficult to get right.
Bottom Line: If you’re going to drink decaf, this is the one to have on hand. Indeed, it’s great to keep around for moments when you need to lay off the caffeine or for when you have guests that prefer decaf.
- Rated #12 in 13 Best Tasting K-Cup Coffee Flavors