- This press is easier to clean than you’d expect from an appliance
- Designed for easy use (even with all those programs)
- Consistent cooking and easy grilling
This isn’t the largest grill; the four-serving size really cooks for about two people (unless you really pack it tight). More importantly, it's not great with uneven cuts of meat.
This little grill is a lot more advanced than it appears at first sight. (And the features are worth every penny.) If you're going to grill indoors and try to watch the game at the same time, you're going to need help remaining focused on the food. This clever T-fal grill does just that.
For a start, its sensors pick up on the thickness of the food you're working with. And, that works hand in hand with the preset cooking programs to ensure your food is grilled perfectly each time. Better still, you'll get an idea of when food is done to your liking through beeping and light indicators.
In case you're looking for a few indoor cooking tips, T-fal went ahead and made an infomercial to teach you the basics (and sell you an indoor grill). But, you don't need a lot of experience to work this baby.
On top of all of that, this bad boy does a great job according to nearly everyone that gives it a go. The folks at Popular Mechanics believe this is about as close as you can get to real grill flavor indoors. Over at Digital Trends, they were appreciative of the easy cleanup involved with this indoor grill.
Cooking method: This electric press leaves those lovely griddle marks on your food. That makes it easy to wow guests (and your family). And, it’s a convenient size to place on the counter near a plug point. You may have a little more trouble finding the space for the eight-serving grill, but it’s not that bad.
Best for cooking: This indoor electric grill has a drip tray for catching fats, which makes it perfect for grilling meats. It seems to nail chicken every time.
Temperature control? Hold the phone, you get a whole lot of options here. There are six automatic cooking programs (burger, fish, poultry, red meat, sandwich, and sausage). That’s usually enough to make a home cook excited, but it gets better still. There’s a cooking level indicator accompanied by audible beeps that alert you to the current stage of your meat – rare, medium and well-done. Interestingly, there’s also a manual setting and the ability to cook meats from frozen. (Did you just fall off your chair; we did when we found out for the first time.)
Dishwasher safe? Yep, the drip-tray and the removable plates are dishwasher-safe. But, we urge you to read the manual regarding the removal and positioning of those plates; it's not always as easy as you would think. And, you really don’t want to apply too much force.
Will it break the bank? You’ll pay about $150 for this indoor electric grill, but you’ll get plenty of features for that price. Almost as many as (and sometimes more than) indoor grills in the highest price bracket. Add in the 1-year limited warranty and you know you've got an incredible little indoor grill.
What Reviewers Say: With such incredible features and a high review score, it's natural to be curious about the opinions of others:
- So far the OptiGrill has cooked all my food consistently. I've enjoyed well done chicken, pork, and steak that was still juicy inside. I tried a grilled cheese and setting it to "Well Done" made it very flat. I've been using a paper towel to wipe a little olive oil on the plates before powering on and my meat has come out with nice char marks every time. I'm not so concerned with looks as I am taste, and my food thus far has tasted great. Though I've noticed cooking thawed meat tastes better than frozen. Last of all I really like the ease of clean up on the OptiGrill.
- Easy to use, easy to clean, and the results are perfect. Every. Single. Time. The cook time is amazingly short too. Once preheated, this little marvel cooked 3, one inch NY strip steaks to a beautiful medium in under five minutes. The results were juicy and perfectly cooked steak. I have also made chicken, a panini, and bacon (yes bacon! The slanted cooking surface makes all the fat run off.) This is a wonderful machine, a great way to cook fast and healthy meals. I love outdoor grilling but it is way too cold for that where I live in the winter. This definitely is a great substitute, plus, I never have to worry about the meat being under or overcooked. It is perfect every time. If you like grilling, this is a great product.
- If you like to come home and want to eat but you forgot to take something out of the freezer, this is for you. I love this grill, it has many features that are lacking on my Cuisinart grill that I plan to donate to Goodwill. This OptiGrill has all of the features that I wanted in a grill, and it really does live up to its advertised reputation. I have no cons to offer about this grill and I consider it an excellent addition to my kitchen.
- Rated #1 in 7 Best Indoor Grills for Delicious Cooking