The Steripen will allow you to easily purify water while you're out hiking or backpacking. You can purify up to 8,000 litres of water.
- dDesigned specifically for outdoor/expedition use
- Destroys over 99.9% of harmful bacteria, viruses and protozoa
- Certified by the Water Quality Association
The Steripen is handheld and ultracompact so you can carry this in your pack when you head out on a long hike. You can purify water as it destroys over 99.9% of harmful bacteria, viruses and protozoa. This device is certified by the Water Quality Association. It does not alter the taste of the water either. You simply use your plastic water bottle, preferably with a wide mouth opening, and collect some water like from a stream. You turn the Steripen on and stir the water with it for about 90 seconds or until the little light on the device shuts off. It can purify 1L of water at a time.
What Reviewers Say:
- I had the old model Adventurer that frequently turned itself off in the middle of a purification cycle or wouldn't start at all. This model fixes all those problems, plus it works as a backup flashlight. It's been absolutely reliable on four trips now and I love it. Sure beats carrying a 1 lb. filter.
- This little steripen allowed me to drink dozens of gallons of tap water... in India. `nuff said!
- It gives you a small blinking green light that lasts for about 20 seconds that'll tell you if the water is good to drink after it's finished purifying, but if you're talking to your friends or caught up in a sunrise or sunset or something worth seeing when out in the wilderness, it'd be nice for the system to vibrate to your hand to tell you it purified the water instead of being glued to watching the device the whole time.