Best Travel Rewards Credit Card for Hotel Stays
- High earning rate
- Flexible point redemption at a variety of frequently flyer programs
- Annual fee waived the first year
If you don't frequently stay at Starwood hotels you may want to consider another option on our list. Also, AmEx cards are not widely accepted overseas.
- Earn 25,000 Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Planning a road trip? Rent your car, fill up your tank, book your hotel, and pay for it with your American Express® Card.
- Terms Apply.
Application Process: Apply online and get a decision in as little as 60 seconds! How simple is that?
Rewards: The Starwood Preferred Guest card from American Express offers up to 5 Starpoints per $1 spent at participating Starwood locations, 2 Starpoints per dollar at Marriott Rewards properties, and 1 Starpoint per dollar on all other purchases. Redeeming points for hotel stays provides the most dollars per point, but Starpoints can also be transferred to a number of frequent flyer programs as well. In fact, one of our favorite features of the Starwood Preferred Guest card is that for every 20,000 Starpoints you transfer to an airline, you get 5,000 bonus points. That comes out to an extra $120 for every 20,000 points transferred. Finally, receive credit for 5 nights and 2 stays each year toward Starwood Preferred Guest Elite status. That's just 20 nights away from Gold status and 45 nights away from Platinum status in a calendar year. Seriously, the perks just keep on coming with this bad boy!
APR: Purchase APR will be a variable rate, currently 15.99% to 19.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors. And expect the rate to be a bit higher for penalties and cash advances.
Annual Fee: Receive a $0 introductory fee year one and expect to pay $95 per year after that.
Bonus Offers: Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after you make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. As a limited time offer, you can also earn an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints after you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Trust us, if you plan to use your Starpoints to book Starwood hotel stays, these points will go a long way.
Variable APR16.49% to 20.49%
Cash Advance APR26.49%
Bonus OffersEarn 30,000 Starpoints® after spending $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months
Rewards RateUp to 5X Starpoints® on Eligible Purchases
Annual Fee$0 for the first year, then $95
- Rated #2 in 5 Best Travel Rewards Credit Cards