- According to Value Penguin, it’s “One of the best small business credit cards, especially for tech start-ups looking to save on software and hardware expenses"
- Save on common business purchases with 5% cash back at US office supply stores and wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers
- You get to choose a 3% cash back category of your choice that includes popular spending categories
If your small business is growing fast, you may be deterred by the cap on bonus categories. The 5% and 3% cashback rewards only apply to purchases of up to $50,000 per year. Additionally, there’s no signup bonus, your customizable card categories are valid for just one year, and cashback is only applicable to US spending. Every rose has its thorns.
- Special Offer: Earn up to $500 cash back
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card Membership.
- No Annual Fee. Plus, more buying power and more cash back. Get cash back on business purchases, even those above your credit limit.
- 5% cash back on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and U.S. office supply stores.
- 3% on the category of your choice from a list of eight and 1% cash back on other purchases.
- 5% and 3% apply to the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year, then 1% applies thereafter. Cash back received is automatically credited to your statement.
- Terms and limitations apply
Application Process: You can apply for this card online.
Annual Fee: No annual fee! How awesome is that?
APR: 0% introductory APR for 9 months—not the best or worst on this list of the best American Express cards. After 9 months of opening an account, you’ll be assessed an APR of 13.24%, 18.24% or 20.24%.
Rewards: When using this card, you’ll benefit from normal AmEx cardholder perks like travel benefits and purchase protection. Here’s how the rest of the rewards break down:
- 5% cash back at US office supply stores and wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers
- 3% cash back from a category of your choice, which could include:
- US gas stations
- US restaurants
- US purchases for advertising in select media
- US purchases for shipping
- US computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels
- Car rentals purchased directly from select car rental companies
- 1% cash back on everything else
Bonus Offers: None at this time, but the rewards more than make up for a lack of a signup bonus. Depending on the time of year, there may be a signup bonus available.
Variable APR13.49% - 20.49%
Cash Advance APRn/a
Bonus OffersEarn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on
Intro APR0% on Purchases for 9 months
- Rated #4 in 5 Best American Express Cards