- Large Capacity
- Easy to use!
Not only does this electric dryer offer the biggest capacity currently on the market, it’s surprisingly energy efficient and the smart features are a plus.
You may want to shop around to avoid paying full price. You’ll also need to purchase the electric cord and vent kit separately.
If you’re after size, this is the dryer for you. Not only does it have the Samsung brand behind it, you could probably fit a week’s worth of wet clothes in this baby. The 9.5 cubic foot drum is really huge. And, if you were to stuff it full, it would dry those clothes three times faster (as the manufacturers claim), but only because you can’t fit comparative loads in other dryers.
There is, however, more to this dryer than sheer size. The steam dry function keeps clothes wrinkle free and smelling fresh. Plus, you don’t need to refill a water reservoir either. The Eco Dry cycle offers an energy savings of up to 25%, and the auto dry sensors do a fantastic job.
We really like the drum lights that allow you to tuck this in a corner of the basement. (And, you may need to do just that as it’s bigger than many laundry rooms will allow.) Once you figure out all the cycles (there are 15 to choose between), you’re likely to fall in love with this appliance. The dryer also connects to your phone, but you can’t control it this way; it’s only for diagnostics like vent cleaning. Still, it’s great at that. And, once you get over the price, this is an amazing, effective, and gentle tumble dryer.
In case you’re wondering, the gas model of this dryer also takes the cake for best overall gas dryer.
- Dryer type: Electric dryer
- Color: Onyx
- Capacity: 9.5 cu. ft. This is enormous for a dryer.
- Display and controls: Rotary dial and electronic touchpad with large buttons on the front face. Diagnostics can be done through Smart Care on compatible Smartphones
- Programs: 15 preset drying cycles, including: Steam Refresh, Steam Wrinkle Away, Normal, Eco Normal, Heavy Duty, Towels, Permanent Press, Bedding, Delicates, Wool, Active Wear, Sanitize, Time Dry, Air Fluff, and Quick Dry. This is one of the highest numbers of cycles available – and definitely on this list.
- Dryness levels: Five dry levels, including: Very Dry, More Dry, Normal Dry, Less Dry, and Damp Dry. This is on the high side of average. And, really, would you need more?
- Temperatures: Five temperature settings, including: High, Medium, Medium Low, Low, and Extra Low.
- Drum material: Stainless steel
- Reversible door: Yes
- Includes drying rack: Yes
- Stackable: Yes
- ENERGY Star compliant: No
- DOE Energy Factor (lb/kWh): 3.9 lb/kWh
- Energy Consumption: 618 kWh/yr
- Dimensions: The dimensions are 31.875”W x 32”D x 46.25”H. And it weighs 159 pounds.
- Price: The MSRP is $1,700, but you should expect to pay somewhere between $1,200 and $1,400 or the basics. You’ll still need to get the power cable you need, possibly pay for setup, and you’ll probably want to extend your warranty or get a service plan.
- Rated #1 in 5 Best Dryers