- High-quality, well-made
- Plenty of space for all your goodies
- Stylish design (and soft leather)
You need to jump through a few hoops to open and close this bag properly. For some guys, it’s just too much effort. Additionally, the leather isn’t exactly colorfastm so watch to be sure it doesn't rub off on light colored pants.
Perfect if you need a high-end laptop bag that doesn't look like you're carrying your computer all over town. You simply will not go wrong with a leather Samsonite bag, no matter how you use it. These babies are made from high-quality materials and impeccable stitching. This particular leather messenger bag for men features an organizer under the front flap and plenty of room for files and a computer. If it needs to be stylish, you need to consider this laptop case (especially when it sells for under $100).
What’s it made of? Oh-so-soft and gorgeous Colombian leather; you’re going to fall in love. The strap, however, is canvas.
Can you close it fully? One of the crazy things about this bag is that you go through a few steps to open and close the bag. The closures used help it to maintain its shape, but it can be a bit of a hassle. The front flap covers an open pocket (with room for pens and the like). The main compartment has a zip closure.
What’s the largest laptop or tablet it can hold? The bag itself is 16.5” wide and 12” tall; it can fit a laptop sized up to 15.6”. That’s not bad at all. And, the truth is that you can expect to store a few files, accessories, and all the things you need like your wallet and phone.
Can you wash it? Don’t be silly; this is real leather. You can buff it if you need. And, we’d actually recommend that you do that before using this bag; the leather stain is a bit strong.
Will it break the bank? Considering the bag you get for just over $100, it’s a steal. For the leather and the brand, you really are getting stellar value. That said, some guys have a difficult time justifying the spend for a messenger bag.
What Reviewers Say: No matter what they're using it for, men tend to love this bag - and they're not afraid to talk about it:
- I like the construction. The handle at the top looks well made and all the compartments are padded. That's a plus. The leather feels nice and I think it will age very nicely.
- I'll be honest, and I'm shamed to admit it, but I spent days looking for a decent laptop/work bag that met the style/value/functionality paradigm I needed. I knew I'd be using the bag both in and outside of work so I didn't want something that looked polished and crisp, but I also didn't want something made of nylon with plastic clips and velcro. I feel that this Samsonite bag fits the bill for everything I wanted. The leather has a very soft touch and deep brown color. There is plenty of room on the inside to carry 2 or 3 books along with a laptop and some cables. There are two zippered compartments, which I like, so that when the flap is open people can't see everything your lugging around. The hardware is heavy duty antiqued brass and has a solid feel. The strap seems fine, but I'll be looking at replacing the pad since it doesn't offer much padding, especially when you have the bag loaded up. If you're looking for a professional looking bag that looks good with either a suit or a pair of jeans, buy this.
- I couldn't decide between 2 very similar bags on Amazon, so I ordered both: the Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage Show Business ($123.99) and the Samsonite Columbian Leather Flapover Case ($139.99). It took me about 5 seconds to decide that I preferred this one. To me, the $16 difference is negligible. In terms of size and pockets, both are about the same.
- Rated #9 in 11 Best Messenger Bags for Men