- Offers an unforgettable smell
- Superb hold
- Perfect for styling and shaping
Some users have a difficult time styling this product - though others love the way it works. It's touch and go, depending on your hair.
Before you become concerned about the packaging, keep in mind that the Details Style Syndicate team rates this hair wax highly for its nourishing sleekness. And, it is unisex, though it does have a more masculine scent than the colors on the jar would suggest. It also repels humidity which makes it a real plus in some parts of the country. And yet the lanolin provides shine and moisturizes hair. So you can expect this wax to fight humidity while conditioning your hair. Most guys won't need to spend a lot of time washing this wax out, as not much is need to get the effect you want. The real plus is that it's easy to work into your hair to style; but we promise, you can do it quickly and easily because of the texture of this wax.
But, there are a few downsides to this product. Some guys find that it's a little more difficult to work into a style than other waxes and it's also on the shiny side. It does, however, add some texture and you can expect a strong (but not overpowering) hold. When you add everything together, you can see why so many guys fall for this particular wax. They say things like, "Love Love Love me some Creamy Molding Wax." Or, "This is by far the best hair product I've ever owned."
- Hold and Control: Better than average, but not what you'd considered a strong hold.
- Ability to Restyle: Yes, you will be able to move your hair around throughout the day. But, you don't need to rework your hair if you don't want.
- Texturing Ability: Again, this isn't the most super-powered texturing wax on the list and yet it's not going to leave you looking flat.
- Shine Level: It's a little on the shiny side. Let's say it's a little more than natural, but it's not super overpowering.
- Flakes and Washability: You won't find it difficult to wash this product out of your hair if you're like most guys. That could be because you don't need to use too much of it.
- Scent: Expect the gals to come running; this smells terrific.
Bottom Line: It's not right for all guys, but this works wonders for guys that have an awesome haircut and just need to keep in place. When it works, it really works. If it were slightly cheaper, we would suggest giving it a go just for the sake of it.
- Rated #6 in 12 Best Hair Waxes for Men
Before you become concerned about the packaging, keep in mind that the Details team rates this hair wax highly. And, it is unisex, though it does have a more masculine scent than the colors on the jar would suggest. This is a traditional wax, so you can count on a sleek finish and a strong hold. But, it also repels humidity which makes it a real plus in some parts of the country.