We know that it’s difficult to wrap your head around vegetarian main meals when you’re more of a steak and potatoes kind of guy. But, you’ve probably also heard that a few meatless days a week is good for you. Enter this delicious and hearty roasted veggie lasagne. Okay, this does require two steps (unless you can get your hands on pre-roasted peppers and eggplants). But, we’ve made it a little easier by using prepared sauces. Go on, you know you want to try this recipe tonight.
- 3 medium Red peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 2 each Eggplant (aubergine), sliced
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil, plus a little for greasing
- 2 cups Good quality pasta sauce
- 300 grams Fresh pack lasagne sheets
- 1½ cups Good quality white sauce
- 4½ ball Mozzarella, shredded
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
Place the peppers and eggplants in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Roast for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Remove the veggies from the oven and reduce the heat on the oven to 350ºF.
Lightly oil an ovenproof serving dish, and then layer the vegetables with a third of the pasta sauce. Add a layer of lasagne pasta sheets followed by a drizzling of a quarter of white sauce. Repeat these layers until you’ve run out of ingredients and 3 layers of pasta. Scattered the mozzarella over the top of your pasta. Add the tomatoes to the top and bake for about 45 minutes until golden and bubbling.