- Awesome all-day hold
- Great shine without the flakes
- Amazing smell (you might become addicted)
It can be a little sticky during application, so watch out. Don't use too much of this gel!
This hair gel offers ultra hold and extra shine, so it's really not for the faint-hearted. It creates sharp shape definition so it's best for styles that have a lot of textures. It's the kind of hair gel you need if you've got thick, medium length hair - though it will work on just about any but the longest styles. This is a great deal if you're looking for the strongest product you can get your hands on.
- Hold and Control: When they say extreme, they mean extreme. Not only does this gel offer a lot of hold, but it's also going to keep hair in place all day. If you have a larger 'do, this is one of those products you should consider.
- Ability to Restyle: Almost unbelievably, you'll have some ability to restyle during the day. We wouldn't recommend too much of that, but if you happen to find yourself stuck in a tornado, adding a little water to your fingers will allow you to put your hair back where it should be.
- Texturing Ability: This gel doesn't have any magical texturizing ability. It's not going to add much in the way of volume except for holding those strands into place. In part, that's because you couldn't possibly use too much of this Redken product without going overboard.
- Shine Level: For a gel, this is on the lighter side of shine. No, it's nowhere near matte, but it offers a medium shine that appears more healthy than wet. Score!
- Flakes and Washability: No flakes. Wait, let's repeat that; no flakes. You get the most incredible all-day hold without any flakes. Brilliant. And it's not terribly difficult to wash out of your hair either.
- Scent: This gel has a crisp, clean scent that you might just fall in love with. It's not overpowering, and it's certainly attractive.
Bottom Line: This is a solid hair gel for men. It has an extreme hold that guys with serious, sharp styles can appreciate - and it lasts. The smell and lack of flakes are a serious plus, as is the medium-level shine. We do wish it added a little more texture, but I guess we can live without that. While this product isn't exactly expensive, it's not the cheapest on the list. But, if you need serious, lasting hold it's the one for you. If you don't have anything like an Ace Ventura pompadour, you probably don't need it.
- Rated #9 in 10 Best Hair Gels for Men