Thank you for using faveable. We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. We welcome your questions or comments on this policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, Faves, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using faveable on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to faveable, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that have faveable features.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log Data. When you use faveable or go to a webpage or use an app that has faveable features (like our “Fave” button), our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had faveable features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used faveable, and cookie data.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using faveable on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect faveable and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting Faves or Collections you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in cooking or visited recipe websites that has faveable features, we may suggest food-related Faves, Collections, or people that we think you might like;
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like Faves or comments happen on faveable), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include Faves you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings.
- Help your friends and contacts find you on faveable. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on faveable when they first sign up for faveable. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on faveable using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you).
We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever faveable does business, including countries outside your own.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a faveable account, many of the choices you have on faveable are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your faveable account using your email address;
- Link or unlink your faveable account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on faveable to that service.
- Choose whether faveable will be customized for you using information from off-faveable websites or apps. If you have a faveable account and don’t want your off-faveable data to be used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings and update your preferences.
- Also, we support the Do Not Track browser setting.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your Faves and Collections from faveable. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access faveable. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
HOW DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
faveable is a tool people use to find cool stuff. When you create public boards and Faves, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your faveable account to those services or publish your activity on faveable to them. For example, you can choose to publish your Faves to Facebook or Twitter.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or faveable; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using faveable how many people Faved something they shared, or the percentage of people who click a on Fave after viewing it.
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
faveable is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
NOTICE REGARDING INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
Partner Websites may allow third-party companies, including ad networks, to serve advertisements, provide other advertising services and/or collect certain information when you visit our website. Third party companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visit to this website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. Third party may use non- cookie technologies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity including your activities on this website. These technologies may be used directly on this website. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these non-cookie technologies, and those browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. To learn more about this Interest-Based Advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by those third parties that are members of self-regulatory programs such as the Network Advertising Initiative, please visit the NAI’s website (www.networkadvertising.org) which will allow you to opt out of Interest-Based Advertising by one, or all, NAI members.
HOW DO WE MAKE CHANGES TO THIS POLICY?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use faveable after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.