Although not as portable as others in this roundup, the Phillips SB365 impressed us with it’s awesome sound. This is achieved by a large library of drivers; the sound is better than many $250-$350 speaker systems we have tested.
The downside is Phillips (why, Phillips, why?) does not include a rechargeable battery. Instead, the unit requires 4 AA batteries when you take it on the road. That’s where this unit gets frustrating - on battery power, the volume is throttled to save battery life. Don’t expect it to be mobile party maker; on battery power you are lucky if you can hear the music from 7-10 feet away.
• Wireless music streaming via Bluetooth
• Bass Reflex Speaker System delivers a powerful, deeper bass
• High fidelity Bluetooth (aptX and AAC) music streaming
• Battery or AC power option for music enjoyment anywhere
• Audio-in for easy connection to almost any electronic device