- Designed to be used in the shower; waterproof
- Excellent for detailed, precise trimming
- Multiple settings make this trimmer beautifully versatile and customizable
No battery life indicator; light on charging stand doesn't shut off when trimmer is fully charged.
Performance: If you're looking for "use anywhere" trimmer, this is the one you want! It's 100% waterproof and designed to be used in the shower. For those who have to shave in a hurry, it's a trimmer that gets the job done.
While the trimmer does take a long time to charge (overnight at least), you get a solid 50 minutes of use per charge. Set the trimmer back on the charging stand when you're done, and the red light will turn on to let you know it's refilling the battery. (Note: The red light won't turn off when it's done charging, so you have to remove it yourself.)
The super-sharp blades can handle even thick, dense, and coarse hair, so it works great for those cowlicks under your chin. Oil well after use (NOT before), and you'll have a trimmer that works well for years to come.
Features: This trimmer comes with 19 adjustable settings (0.5 mm length), giving you total control over the length of your beard. You can trim hair as short as 1 mm, or adjust it to a 10 mm length. That's pretty incredible when you think about it. And, it might just feel like you finally have control over everything. It's cordless and features unique water shutters, which allow for quick and easy maintenance. That alone is brilliant, but let's talk about those 19 settings one more time, shall we? For those who want their beards trimmed to JUST the right length, this is definitely a good option to consider.
Price: At $40, this is one of the pricier trimmers on this list. However, considering you can use it in the shower (great for busy professionals) and that it's a durable, long-lasting cordless trimmer, you'll find it's a worthwhile purchase.
What Reviewers Say:
- So aside from pulling a few hairs, the only other downside is that it is not as good as the Andis, which gives me the best results compared to close to a dozen trimmers that I've tried in the past few years. But this one beats them all since, once more, it can be used in the shower, thereby saving time in terms of cleanup. If you're not looking for the closest possible trim (which really this trimmer isn't advertising and why I have not taken off any stars in my review) but would rather follow the mm size settings that are available on this trimmer, then this Panasonic should definitely fulfill your needs.
- I came across this model and read lots of reviews about how only 1-2 passes are needed for an even trim. This was no exaggeration and the Wahls usually required a few passes and inevitably some hair would be pulled because of the large spaces between the stifled blade teeth.
- It is unbelievable for the endurance time of battery. You don't even need to charge it for more than 1 time per month.
- Rated #4 in 7 Best Beard Trimmers