- A true quality product
- Wonderfully sturdy and easy to use
- Makes a terrific gift
This garlic press is durable with large, soft, non-slip handles - and the chamber is big enough for a few cloves. Basically, it's comfortable and convenient.
Occasionally, the soft grips will fill with soapy water in the dishwasher so you may need to remove them to release that water. Better still (or more irritatingly), you can hand wash this garlic press.
You may not want to use it to prepare a meal for the ladies (though garlic is a natural aphrodisiac), but a garlic press says that you know your way around the kitchen. Women think that’s sexy.
What’s it used for? If you want to add fresh, minced garlic to any dish, you'll need a garlic press. Sure, you'll find plenty of celebrity chefs who claim it's just as quick to chop and then press with the flat of your knife. We don't believe them; this is clearly faster and easier.
Is it easy to use? If you have one kitchen gadget in your drawers, this is the one to have. The large capacity garlic chamber works through several small cloves with minimal effort. All you need to do is fill the cup and squeeze. You'll get minced garlic easily - no mush and no chopping.
Dishwasher-safe? The manufacturers say it is dishwasher-safe and many people toss their OXO Garlic Press into the machine, but you may not want to do it everyday. It may lead to soap trapped under the rubber grips (or wear it down too quickly).
Will it break the bank? This is definitely not the cheapest garlic press on the market. But it is easily one of the best before you start moving into stupidly expensive models. Really, you should just splurge on this.
What Reviewers Say:
You'll find an incredible amount of people that want to rave about this gadget.
- I'm afraid I've developed an unhealthy relationship with this garlic press. It's so shiny, and has such lovely heft. Most importantly, it presses garlic with an incredibly smooth and powerful action. I've started to add way more garlic than normal, just so I can keep using the press. Post-press, you simply flip over the handle and the nonstick pokey side pushes the garlic remains cleanly out. I usually gather those remains and smush them all back in for a final press. I just can't get enough... When I'm finished, I just lay it flat in the top section of the dishwasher. It comes out perfectly clean and shiny each time. You'll love it. Trust me.
- I LOVE this garlic press! I bought it based on the reviews here and I am so glad that I did. I had previously purchased a Kuhn Rikon and it was near impossible for me to smash a clove of garlic; I had to ask my boyfriend to help. I also had a no name one that wasn't bad, but I thought maybe I was missing something when people raved about having a garlic press. I have a hard time mincing garlic with a knife, so I thought I would give this one a try, even though the Zyliss had higher ratings on America's Test Kitchen. It really is very sturdy, and since it has such a wide opening you can smash 2-3 cloves at a time. You barely have to exert much pressure and it cleans up pretty easily. I will probably have this one the rest of my life because it is so well made. I am very thrilled with this purchase!
- This is the best garlic press I have ever seen for any price, ever. Fresh garlic makes such a huge difference. I've gone through about five different presses, and all of them had something I didn't like... except this one!
- Rated #2 in 13 Rockin' Kitchen Gadgets Every Man Should Have