Best Baby Shampoo for Newborns (and Cradle Cap)
This incredible baby shampoo gently cleanses hair for children from newborns on up. It neither strips the natural oils nor leaves it tangled when you rinse it out.
If only this was a little cheaper! At over $1.60 per ounce, it's not the most affordable (though it is an incredible product).
This is one of the few baby shampoos that is just a shampoo; it's not also meant to be used as a body wash. It is, however, designed for use from the very beginning. While you'll want the nurses or midwives to handle the first bath, this baby shampoo is perfect for infants after that point. And, you can continue to use it until that price begins to sting (it may take a few years).
As an added bonus, this shampoo works wonders on cradle cap and should be your go-to product if that's a concern for your baby. Many parents report it disappearing quickly when using this baby shampoo.
- What’s Inside? Though this isn't a completely natural formula, the manufacturers claim that it's 95 percent natural. But, before you become concerned about the five percent, remember that this has been created with the aim of avoiding allergic reactions. It's been tested by dermatologists and pediatricians and the few ingredients that aren't 100 percent natural are there to alleviate cradle cap while remaining hypoallergenic. And, you won't find any of those pesky parabens, phthalates, or phenoxyethanols. So, what's the key ingredient? Avocado perseose which works to reinforce the skin barrier and cells while also getting your baby's hair clean.
- Easy to Use? While a pump is always appreciated, especially for parents and caregivers of newborns, it's not as if it's difficult to get the product from this bottle. It does the job and rinses easily.
- Tear-Free? Yep, this is a truly tearless formula.
- How Does It Smell? Oooh, this is a delicious blend of coconut and chamomile. It's sweet and clean without overpowering anyone's senses (or masking the other brilliant baby smells).
- And the Cost? You'll pay just over $1.60 per fluid ounce for this baby shampoo. But, if you need assistance with cradle cap or you're bathing a newborn, the price is justified.