- Perfect for an all day hold
- One of the strongest holding pomades on the market
- High shine is awesome for slick styles
You'll need to exercise a little patience with this pomade, it can be difficult to apply - and it's not overly suitable for curly locks.
We know you're desperate to baulk after checking the low, low, low price of this pomade. But, keep in mind that cheap doesn't always mean low-quality, especially if you've been in the game for years - as Murray's has.
This pomade offers a neat, clean look and a fantastic smell. You can attribute the latter to the aloe, lanolin, and coconut oil blended into the product. Those ingredients are good news for regularly styled hair, especially since this product is so thick it's almost gluey. If you want serious hold, you should start here.
- Hold and Control: This pomade has one of the strongest holds on the list. Better still, that hold lasts all day long. You're really getting value for money with this product.
- Ability to Restyle: There's a bit of oil in this product, which is great for healthy hair - but it doesn't allow for a lot of flexibility during the day. You'll get some, but not a lot.
- Texturing Ability: Don't expect this to part your waves or make your hair look fuller. It's better at holding those strands into place.
- Shine Level: It's on the shinier side. If you need something that appears more natural, this is not the product for you.
- Flakes and Washability: If you put a lot of this product in your hair, you're going to regret it when it's time for a wash. Sure, you won't have flakes, but you'll need to spend a couple extra minutes in the shower. Sorry.
- Scent: Some guys enjoy it, other's don't appreciate it at all. Luckily, the smell doesn't tend to linger long either way. If you're overly sensitive, you may not enjoy this pomade.
Bottom Line: If you're on a strict budget and you're not afraid of a little shine, you're about to meet your new best friend. On the other hand, this isn't the sort of hair product your girlfriend can run her fingers though, so you may need to consider other products if that's important to you (or her).