- Super easy to clean
- Great for occasional, on-the-go use
- Both portable and affordable
This breast pump is lightweight, portable, and discreet. Plus, the swivel handle is ergonomically designed so you'll remain comfortable during manual expression.
All manual breast pumps share the same issue; manually expressing is time-consuming. You won't find this one any different.
Some women have the luxury of being able to breastfeed most of the time. But, there are those moments when you just can't be with your baby and you need to express. If that's you, a manual breast pump is the perfect way to alleviate fullness and feed your hungry baby the best nature can provide. Manual breast pumps are known to be exceptionally comfortable, but you will need to spend some time. There's always a tradeoff, right?
- Efficiency: For a manual model, this Medela breast pump is clearly a winner. The design is just right - and it provides you with two phase expression that you'll find in the more expensive electric pumps. So, although you can only empty one side at a time - and you'll need to do a bit of the hard work yourself, this is going to be the most efficient way to make that happen.
- Ease of Use: Again, it's a manual breast pump; it will be more difficult to use than pushing a single button. But, if you're not doing it all the time, you can cope. The lever has two ends - a short one and a long one. The short side stimulates your let down reflex as if your hungry baby was there with you. When the milk really begins to flow, you can swivel the level to work with the longer side for more efficiency. There are a few connections to manage, but as there are no wires or readouts to deal with, it's about as simple as can be.
- Comfort: If you want comfort when expressing, you will need to look at a manual breast pump. That's not to say that electric breast pumps can't be comfortable, but manual will win hands down. And this is the best of the best for your breasts. (Your hands will become a little fatigued, however.)
- Portability: There's nothing easier than tucking what you need into a sealable bag and popping it into your purse. In fact, you could get an insulated lunch container and call it a day. Manual breast pumps are designed for portability and this one fits the bill.
- Washability: This Medela breast pump is easy to disassemble and clean. Nothing is difficult to reach nor are there fiddly bits to cope with. The only apsect that some users may have an issue with is the center of the pumping lever, but this never comes into contact with the breasts or the milk, and poses no threat to your baby. A good soak and a dedicated brush may be all you need.
- Noise Level: About as silent as you could expect from any manual breast pump. You won't hear it at all which would make it very discreet to use - as long as no one can see what you're doing.
- Price: With a MSRP of $41, it's more expensive than most manual breast pumps out there. But, it's still a lot cheaper than electric models and worth every penny considering that you also recieve two sealable bottles and a bottle stand. An insulated carrier wouldn't go amiss, but given the price and the quality, we can overlook it.
- Rated #3 in 6 Best Breast Pumps