- The colorful measurements are easy to read and keep track of ounces and milimeters pumped
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Perfect for travelling because they come with travel caps for the nipples and storage lids
Because the nipples are so soft, they tend to collapse due to the lack of venting system.
Bottle: The Medela Breastfeeding Bottle Set is perfect for the busy mom who can't always be there to breastfeed her baby. They are also perfect for those who would rather feed from a bottle when on-the-go. These BPA-free products attach perfectly to the Medela or Ameda pump which is the biggest selling point. Moms can pump, store, and have breastmilk readily available whenever she isn't. It's fast and easy to screw the bottle to the pump, pump throughout the day, put the cap on, and place in the fridge. No transferring to multiple containers which means less to wash later. We found that pretty convenient. Another unique feature of this brand is the shape, which is much shorter and wider at the top than the traditional longer models making it easier for your little one to hold.
Nipple: The nipples that come with this brand are interchangeable. Unfortunately, they only come with slow flow nipples. So you'll have to buy medium and fast flow nipples seperately. These nipples are extremely soft and thin - which reviewers loved. However, since there isn't a venting system, they tend to collapse from time to time.
Price: This Medela Breastfeeding Bottle set is very reasonably priced at just under $12 for three, which is fairly cheap considering. However, various retailers we've seen have almost doubled the cost. Amazon has the best price on the three-pack we could find anywhere.
Why reviewers say:
- "I use these to store breast milk and it works great with the Medela pump. It freezes nicely and evenly, no issues defrosting with hot water under the sink and/or boiled water on the stove. Holds up nicely!"
- "Great bottles! Connect perfectly to my pump. All lids (2.5 oz, 5 oz, 8 oz) are interchangeable. Not super bulky and shaped so my baby can hold it himself with ease. I freeze milk right into it and put it in the bottle warmer. Easy to clean."
- "The bottles and nipples are high quality. I am proud to say that two and a half years later, we are using the same set for our new baby. The bottles and nipples both look and perform like the day we bought them! I am very surprised that they have lasted this long. Not even the ink printed on the outside have shown any signs of wear."
- Rated #3 in 5 Best BPA Free Plastic and Glass Baby Bottles