Healthy eating means packing in everything that’s good for you so you can avoid the bad stuff without feeling hungry. Getting all your daily vitamins is a big part of that, and this recipe is loaded with them. Better still, it’s delicious - and it feeds 3 people. That means you can enjoy a delicious, vitamin-packed meal with your date tonight and still have a helping to heat up for lunch at the office tomorrow. Sound perfect? It is.
- 12 ounces Lean pork mince (or turkey, if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 each Bell peppers (red, green, yellow or any combination you prefer), sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Smoked paprika (you can use regular paprika, but it will change the flavor)
- 2 x 14.5 oz cans Chopped tomatoes
- 14 oz can Butter beans, drained
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- small handful of Parsley, chopped
Shape the pork into small meatballs. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. (Note: pot must be large enough to handle the entire stew). Cook the meatballs for about 5 minutes until browned on all sides. With a spoon, move the meatballs to one side of the pan. Add the onions and peppers and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so nothing sticks. When the veggies have softened, add the garlic and paprika and stir for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cover the pot. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, and then add the beans and sugar. Simmer for another 10 minutes, uncovered. Finally, add the parsley just before serving.