- Extremely lightweight- you can lift it with a hand
- Extra-large waterproof hood
- This pram is like a dream
There's no tray for your iced coffees or cell phone and the seat doesn't recline.
Owen Maclaren, the original inventor of the umbrella stroller concept back in 1965, released another incredibly innovative, lightweight product, the Mark II.
This fancy set of wheels weighs in at just 7.3lbs. Yeah, you heard that right, lighter than your actual baby. Despite its feather weight, it's well designed so it won't tip over.
One thing we especially love about the Maclaren, aside from it's classy look, is that the removable seat is machine washable. That means that everytime your little one spills anything and everything, it can easily be cleaned. Another aspect of the Maclaren we love is how compact it is. The small footprint makes it easy to weave your way through narrow aisles, the airport, or subway with no problem.
For an umbrella pram, the Maclaren is one of the more expensive ones out there. However, we like to consider it the Lexus of umbrella strollers -and reviewers agree. With this unit, you get what you pay for in terms of quality.
What Reviewers Say:
With a solid rating of 4.3 stars on Amazon, you know you're in for something good. Here's what reviewes have to say about this product.
- This one was the winner and we are thrilled with it!! It is purely fabric in the seat part, and Maclaren is known for their quality already. This thing weighs practically nothing and folds down small enough to fit on the floor behind our front seats. On top of that, it handles super easy, and is a snap (literally) to open or fold up.
- This unit is awesome!! My main purpose for getting this pram was to be able to throw it over my shoulder and walk around with my 21 month old in the park.
- Really amazed at how thoughtfully designed and easy this product is to use. We needed something smaller and lightweight for travelling and this really fit the bill.