- Remarkably easy to use
- Sharpens quickly and efficiently
- Wonderfully compact
It might just be a little too compact for some users.
You know that sharp knives are the most important thing you can have in your kitchen. That's why you need this sharpener. Or maybe it's because of the compact shape and price of this kitchen gadget. How about its status as an Amazon #1 Bestseller? We give up - there's too many reasons to recommend this baby. And all that is on top of the fact that it's what you need to get dinner on the table properly. Nice, right?
What’s it used for? If your knives are dull, you run the risk of ruining the entire cooking experience (and possibly the food). The handy thing about this sharpener from Kitchen IQ is that it offers both coarse and fine options.
Is it easy to use? Yes and that could be the corner angle (V-Grip Bottom) that allows you to use the edge of your counter rather than the awkward position you normally need to assume. We just beg you to exercise caution when working with knives. Please, please, please.
Dishwasher-safe? It's not really necessary to wash this baby; you can just wipe it clean. Of course, we urge you to wash your knives and dry them thoroughly before sharpening them. Anything else is just plain unsanitary.
Will it break the bank? No! Better yet, it will save you a lot of money. Not only will you skip the expense of professional sharpening (on a regular basis), but just think of all the meals that will be devoured when properly prepared. Nice, right?
What Reviewers Say:
Lots of people love this gadget; you might well be one of them.
- Based on the 5-star reviews, I decided to give the KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2 Stage Knife Sharpener a try. After carefully following the instructions, the knife was restored to it's like-new scary sharpness on the first sharpening. It has stayed sharp for 2 weeks with much use. We have since sharpened several other knives with similar high-quality results. It's a really great tool!
- This is a fantastic product. It's inexpensive, ergonomically friendly, and sharpens very well. Because it is both small and attractive, I can leave it on the kitchen counter beside my knife block for very quick, easy touch-up sharpening (use the ceramic slot for this purpose).
- I absolutely love the KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2 Stage Knife Sharpener! My knives were becoming a bit dull after many years of use, and instead of purchasing a whole new knife set, I got this useful gadget for a very cheap price. I love that it's small so it doesn't take up much space on my small counter. My advice is to make sure to set the the sharpener on the edge of the counter at an angle so you have better control. My knives now cut like I just recently purchased them.
- Rated #4 in 13 Rockin' Kitchen Gadgets Every Man Should Have