- Nice hold plus refreshing smell
- Offers a shine that's not overpowering
- Textures well - even on beards
It's a shame given all the positives of this product, but it can be a little difficult to wash out.
Everything from Jack Black seems to be a winning product, doesn't it? And, this wax is a solid product for sure. The price isn't out of control (though it's nowhere near the cheapest either). The hold is neither too strong nor too weak; it depends on the length of the cut. On the plus side, the scent is refreshing and masculine. However, there are some drawbacks, especially when it comes to washing out your do at the end of the day.
Looking at these few qualities alone would rate this hair wax as a solid "average" with the reputation of an incredible brand behind it. But, there are even more positive factors to consider. For a start, you'll get a certain amount of restyling power. Better still is the awesome texture you can expect, even on short styles. Add to that the brilliance of a natural shine, not something you'll get with every wax (indeed many guys stay away from it). Just be aware that applying it to damp hair can result in a wet look rather than a natural shine.
- Hold and Control: This wax offers better than average hold, but it's hardly as strong as you'd need for longer styles.
- Ability to Restyle: You can expect this wax to give you a lot of flexibility; it's truly one of the strong points of this product.
- Texturing Ability: Awesome. No really; if you need some help, try this wax.
- Shine Level: It's a little shinier than most waxes and it still manages to look natural.
- Flakes and Washability: Sadly, this isn't the easiest to wash and you're not going to pick this product for it's ease of shampooing out.
- Scent: Your girlfriend might just buy this hair wax for you based on the way it smells.
Bottom Line: Need texture? Want a natural shine? You can't go wrong with this hair wax.
- Rated #9 in 12 Best Hair Waxes for Men