If your budget is tight but you need cleaner air, this Honeywell might just be for you.
- For larger rooms (up to 390 square feet)
- True HEPA filter removes 99.97 percent of common airborne pollutants
- 360-degree airflow with 3 speeds
We're just going to come out and say it... it's the styling of this air purifier that's holding it back. It sort of feels like it belongs in the 1980s. But, for the price (especially when it's on sale), you'll be hard-pressed to find a better machine that has true HEPA filtering.
If you're suffering from allergies, and you can't justify the small fortune some of the other air purifiers cost, you must just look past the 80s styling. Seriously. This air purifier from Honeywell sorts out rooms up to 390 square feet, removing all the pollutants, particles, viruses and bacteria that you can imagine. It features 3 speeds and 260-degree airflow. Oh, and it comes with a 5-year limited warranty too. There's not much more you could ask for at this price.
What Reviewers Say:
Of course you want to know what others think about this air purifier.
- Pros: Powerful, inexpensive, permanent HEPA filter, easy to maintain, 360 degree air intake and output, portable, accessible replacement parts, good support from Kaz, a 5 year limited warranty. Cons: Noisy, high power consumption, not stylish.
- Let me start off by saying that I suffer from being allergic to cigarette smoke and my husband and I live in an enclosed apartment complex. This is made worse by the fact that the front door doesn't seal up against the frame and smoke from the hallway leaks into our apartment with other odors and smells. Now let me add that my husband suffers from severe allergies and takes medicine daily for his condition. Did I mention that we have two cats and a pug. Life was miserable in our 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment, till this little puppy showed up. It's just like the picture describes it, like a barrel, the nice feature on it is the Intellicheck, this little feature tells you when to change the filters and it's quite easy the pre filters just lay on the hepa filter and are held in place by two pieces of Velcro. They do need to be changed about ever two months though, this may be more then normal because of our pets. But since we got the first one for the living room we added one more to the bedroom. Now you walk down our hallway gagging on the scent and odors but as soon as you open our door you are greeted by the clean smelling air and the sound of the filter cleaning it.
- I live in the southwest where it is dusty all the time. I also have a 16 year old cat that needs a good spanking. After two weeks of using the purifier I LIKE IT A LOT. It filters the room fast and leaves you with a really clean smelling room. When I come down the stairs and turn the corner to the rec room you can smell and feel the difference right away. So up to now (two weeks) everything is great.