Most people naturally associate the word beer with gut. And, everyone knows why. You can spot a beer gut from miles away. Even though you're not likely to link beer with healthy man in the near future, there're plenty of compelling reasons to do just that.
Beer is one of the healthiest alcohols? Here's why:
- It's high in fiber (odd, considering it's a drink, but great for digestion).
- It's rich in antioxidants and polyphenols.
- It's loaded with B vitamins (B3, B6, B9, and B12).
- It helps to reduce your risk of diabetes.
- It's effective at reducing stress, preventing heart attacks and strokes.
- It's brain-friendly thanks to its high silicon content.
- It can improve bone health.
All of these benefits are only for those who drink a beer or two per day. More than that and the negative effects of alcohol pretty much negate the benefits you get. But, it's still an excuse to enjoy the occasional brewskie.
Looking for the healthiest beers to stock in your fridge? No worries. We've got a selection that you'll fall for. And our fave? It's the brew that started the beer health trend: Guinness Draught. Not only is it fairly low in alcohol, but it's one of the best heart-smart beers. Cheers!