- Inexpensive, yet beautifully reliable
- Easy to use and clean
- Great for indoors
You will need to be careful using this grill in small spaces; it does tend to smoke a lot. Also you need to make sure this appliance is pre-heated properly before using.
This is a solid indoor grill from a super-reputable brand... and offers easy cleanup at a terrific price.
This grill purports to offer outdoor flavor from the comfort of your kitchen (or wherever you want to grill on a rainy day). And, let's be honest, we think that hood (which is removable) makes all the difference and sets this grill apart from similarly priced models that have press plates on the top or a glass lid. The ability to control the temperature and sear the meat on high is also an incredible bonus. Hamilton Beach also wanted to make cleanup as easy as possible, which means you'll get a lot of mileage out of this appliance without the grief.
Cooking method: You can use this electric appliance as both a grill and a press. And, it does both remarkably well.
Best for cooking: Think meats and sandwiches when looking at this particular model. We think it does the meats much better, but the sandwich function makes this a viable machine year-round.
Temperature control? You will have some control over the temperature, but it all comes from a single dial that allows for settings between 200 and 400 (plus seer). There is an indicator light and that’s rather useful since it is important to heat this machine before adding your foods to it.
Dishwasher safe? The removable hood, grill plate, and drip tray are dishwasher-safe. And that’s a real bonus, but you may need to wangle to get the hood in. After all, you can fit up to eight servings on the nearly 120 inches of non-stick grilling space.
Will it break the bank? Considering what this indoor electric grill does and how well it does it, you should expect it to cost more. We would have gotten it wrong on The Price Is Right, overshooting by a good $20. You’ll probably pay less than $55 depending on the time of year you buy.
What Reviewers Say: Most people give this product a full 5-stars on Amazon. Here are some of the reasons why...
- I love it! It takes a little while to heat up but it works excellent. My food comes out great and I find myself grilling every day. It is much better than grilling outside and everything comes out cooked evenly and perfect.
- First, I like the overall size of this grill, it's bigger than the previous model I owned. I like the fact that the top also comes off for easy cleaning and the the pan for the grease is large. It is very easy to clean and maintain. The outer frame is larger on the sides and since the grill is inside you have less of a chance of getting burnt if you aren't careful. Unlike other Hamilton Grills though, you have to turnover whatever you are cooking because it does not have an upper grill to cook both sides at the same time. However, the steaks do come out juicy and tender. Every. Single. Time. It does not have a timer; it uses a temperature dial like a regular oven. So you do have to keep an eye on what you are cooking. But for me, the bigger grill is more convenient since I can cook more things at once. This model is also very light due to less metal and more plastic, but it is well constructed. Overall, I am happy with this grill and would recommend it.
- I love grilling outdoors, but that tends to be more trouble than it's worth when you live in an apartment. So far, I'm finding this to be a good alternative though. This is my first indoor "grill" and I must say, I'm very pleased with it. It was easy to set up, easy to use, and incredibly easy to clean. The grate and drip pan come out, so you can just throw them in the sink after you're done cooking and wipe them off with a sponge. Whatever non-stick coating they used works great - I didn't have to scrub at all. I haven't tried cooking steak or anything crazy on it, but all of the chicken and burgers I've grilled have tasted the same as something I would have grilled outdoors.
- Rated #3 in 7 Best Indoor Grills for Delicious Cooking