- Fantastically easy to clean
- Convenient size for storing and using
- Perfect for apartment and condo balconies
While many think running this on electricity makes it as easy as 1-2-3, there are those that feel it’s a big hassle. And yes, you need to be very careful if you’re running an extension cord.
Perfect for when you want to cook with something that feels like a real grill (and you want to use it indoors and out).
There are some obvious benefits to this George Foreman grill. For a start, it looks and feels a lot more like a "real" grill than some of the alternatives. You can use it on a counter if that works for you, or attach the pedestal and feel like your grilling. Because it works with electric heat (not gas or coals), you can use it just about anywhere that has power. That's a serious bonus for anyone wanting to grill, but living with the restrictions of residential codes. And then, of course, you get the George Foreman grill technology that pulls the fat away from the food.
If you don't at least consider this option, you're doing yourself a big disservice.
Cooking method: No need to keep gas canisters or charcoal on hand for this grill; this George Forman grill works anywhere you have an electrical plug point. That’s right; this baby is electric even though it functions mostly the same as an outdoor grill. The grill plate does, however, have a fat collection tray. Which is just what you would expect from Foreman, even if it were not the sort of thing you would find on most outdoor grills.
Best for cooking: If you aren’t aware of the way a Foreman grill works, we urge you to consider watching this classic infomercial from 1996. Yes, the ol’ boxer has been changing people’s eating habits for that long. In any case, this indoor grill is best for cooking meats because it removes all the extra fat, leaving your meats healthy and lean.
Temperature control? There’s a single control dial that allows you to make adjustments from low to high. You may need to fiddle with it a bit, but it doesn’t take long to get it right.
Dishwasher safe? The grill plate is wonderfully dishwasher-safe, as is the removable drip tray. Both of those will make your life easier, though we urge you to get those pieces washed as soon as they are cool enough. The body of this unit is an electrical appliance, though, so that’s a wipe-with-damp-cloth sort of thing.
Will it break the bank? The price on this puppy is less than $80, which isn’t bad for the product you get. In fact, we’d say it’s a steal for anyone that loves to grill but is relegated to working on a balcony (or hiding in the kitchen). You can also get a two-year or three-year protection plan to safeguard your investment. We kind of love that.
What Reviewers Say: With a super Amazon review score, you probably want to know what other people have to say about this grill.
- Originally I saw my mother's George Forman grill (smaller indoor one with lid). Then I saw my brother's party size grill. Both of them love their grill. I was able to taste the food from both and found it very tasty and easy to use. I decided to do some investigating on my own intending to purchase the party size grill, when I saw the indoor/outdoor grill. I was impressed with the fact that it appeared to be a bigger cooking surface and the price I found was within reason. I purchased it for the purpose of using it as an extra grill for a cookout I was having. No one used the gas grill at all. I have since used it indoors without the stand, making it convient on rainy days. It is the easiest grill to use and clean that we have ever owned. You can cook everything evenly, because there are no coals to level out. It can easily hold 4 to 5 steaks, 10 big hamburgers, and the list goes on. I am sure those that swear by gas/charcoal grills could come up with some drawbacks, but my gas grill has found a permanent residence in our shed, while George sits ready to use at any time indoors or out on our back porch. I am so impressed that I am purchasing one for my parents for Christmas to replace the charcoal grill that takes for ever to heat up and is messy to clean. I'm sure they'll love it too!
- I bought this grill 4 months ago and have used it several times per week ever since. I am a very lazy cook with 3 hungry teens and a hubby who eats like he's a heavyweight boxer. So, I needed something that would cook and clean-up as easily as possible. I can turn on the grill (it has an adjustable thermostat), take out a package of frozen chicken, hamburger patties, whatever, prepare it as usual, and the grill is ready to go to work. Dinner is on the table in no time. Its non-stick surface is just that, making clean-up simple and quick. I am quite happy with the surface area, as I can easily fit 8 large burgers on at once.
- I live in the frozen north, so the fact that this grill will also work indoors is plus. One of the best things money can buy!
- Rated #2 in 7 Best Indoor Grills for Delicious Cooking