- Easy to clean drip tray and grill
- Great product and price
- Convenient; cooks four steaks at once
This awesome Foreman grill has a hinge that allows the top of the grill to adjust around the thickness of your food. You could have steak meals for four in just ten minutes. Plus, if you want to give that meat the perfect sear, this is the grill that gets the job done right!
There’s no on/off switch; when you plug it in, it’s on. And, some users find this is really only big enough for two people, though that’s likely to depend on the portion sizes in your household.
There's a reason this is the #1 Amazon Bestseller in the contact grill category. (Mostly, it's because it's affordable, but also because it cooks up to 35 percent faster heat-up than previous model.
This isn't the largest indoor grill. It's not even the biggest of the George Foreman variety. But, this little grill has removable plates for easy cleanup. And, the power of this brand sits comfortably behind this grill. If you just need a simple indoor grill, you're going to have a difficult time passing this one by.
Cooking method: Yep, this is an electric grill, and you’ll need to be a little careful as the power cord is the only means of turning the electrical current on and off.
Best for cooking: You can use this for everything from burgers to chicken, but we think it’s particularly useful for steaks. It’s the Foreman, fat-removing system though, so although it works on most foods, those with a little fat tend to do better. The fact that you can adjust the grill height makes it easy to adapt it to the thickness of your steaks. It's the perfect grill for those who want a killer steak every time!
Temperature control? This is where this particular George Foreman grill falls a little flat. All you can do is plug it in; there are no temperature controls. You’ll need to keep an eye on your food yourself. (But before you move along, just take a look at the price.)
Dishwasher safe? It’s a little surprising given the price of this appliance, but the plates and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe. We would advise you to keep the machine closed while it cools so that food doesn’t dry onto the plates.
Will it break the bank? Less than $30? We’ve just thrown a little party. This is an awesome indoor grill for beginnings, anyone on a budget, and for people who are just looking for the perfectly cooked steak.
What Reviewers Say: There are people that won't turn to any other brand than this one. And, here's what some of them have to say about this grill:
- I can put 3 quarter pound hamburger patties, or 2 third pound patties on it, FROZEN and in 12 minutes they are cooked fully well done all the way thru, and seared on the outside just fine. All you have to do is wait for the ready light to come on. These burgers are about or over 3/4 of an inch thick, so it should work fine with chops or steaks too as long as they are not very thick. The clean up is really simple. Wait till it cools, remove the plates and clean them in the sink. I cannot imagine the mess of cleaning the version with the permanently attached plates.
- I was so excited to get this that I was waiting by the door for the UPS delivery and couldn't take it inside quickly enough! I read all the other reviews before I ordered it, and I was filled with a little trepidation, not wanting to be disappointed. There are times when you don't want to fire up the grill or turn on the stove or oven when considering dinner ideas. I can honestly say that this grill fits that need perfectly.
- Great indoor grill for one or two people. I'm a single guy and Ive worn through two of these - this is my third in 10 years. I've found that this smaller one is really all I need, having owned two of the larger models previously. It takes up less space than the other two, and it'll cool four burger patties or deboned chicken breasts at once - more than enough for me. If I had a family, I'd want the larger ones, but, again, for one or two people, this may be all you need. Clean up is also very easy, as this one has detachable grill plates, as well.
- Rated #6 in 7 Best Indoor Grills for Delicious Cooking