Best Secured Credit Card for Rebuilding Credit
- Great for repairing or establishing credit
- Refundable security deposit
- Low interest rate
Cash Advance APR19.49%
- Receive your card more quickly with new expedited processing option
- No credit history or minimum credit score required for approval
- Quick and complete online application
- Full-featured Platinum Mastercard(R) secured credit card
- Good for car rental, hotels; anywhere credit cards are accepted!
- Monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus to establish credit history
- Credit line secured by your fully-refundable deposit of $200-$2,000 submitted with application
- Just pay off your balance and receive your deposit back at any time
- 24/7 online access to your account
- Nationwide Program though not yet available in NY, IA, AR, or WI
- See card terms
Initial credit limit of up to $2000 with an opportunity to increase your limit to $5000 after establishing a pattern of responsible use. May help boost your credit score thanks to timely reports to 3 credit bureaus.
This card requires a security deposit, and your payment doesn’t earn interest. There’s also an annual fee.
Application Process: Apply online in a jiffy by providing some basic info about your name and location. Once approved, you must pay your security deposit in order to receive the card. The deposit has to be at least $200, but you can add more - up to $2000 total - if you want.
Bonus Offers: None, but that’s not surprising in the world of secured credit cards.
Rewards: There aren’t any, unfortunately.
APR: This card has a low variable APR of 10.49%, making it one of the lowest-APR cards on our list of favorites (it’s almost tied with the Gold Primor Secured Visa). A cash advance has an APR of 19.49%, which is still lower than the industry norm for this type of card.
Fees: You’ll shell out $49 for an annual fee for this secured Visa card. This is a price that’s 50% - and sometimes even 75% - of the amount competitors charge. It’s the least First Progress can do since they’re basically charging you to spend your own money.
Other fees include a cash advance fee of $10 or 3% (whatever is greater), 3% foreign transaction fee, $38 late payment fee, and $27 returned payment fee.