Best No Annual Fee Card
Variable APR13.49% - 24.49%
Cash Advance APR26.49%
Intro APR0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 14 months
Bonus OffersDiscover will match ALL the cash back earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Rated #3 in 6 Best Credit Card Offers
- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases – automatically.
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the cash back earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Redeem cash back any amount, any time. Rewards never expire.
- Use your rewards at Amazon.com checkout.
- Receive FREE Social Security number alerts—Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- No annual fee.
Our Detailed Review
- Rotating bonus categories confuse some cardholders
- Initial credit line might be as low as $500
Application Process: Apply online for a near-instant decision, or call (800) 347-0264. You typically need credit in the good to excellent range to get approved, so take some time to fix your FICO if you aren’t quite there yet.
Fees: Cardholders appreciate that this Discover card has no annual fee and no monthly maintenance fee. Balance transfers carry a 3% fee per transfer, and cash advances cost $10 or 5% of each cash advance amount, whichever is greater.
Discover kindly waives your first late payment fee. After that, expect to shell out $37 for late payments. There’s also a $37 fee for returned payments.
APR: Enjoy a 0% Intro APR for 14 months on purchases and balance transfers. After that, your rate jumps to a 13.49% to 24.49% Standard Variable Purchase APR.
Cash advances have a 26.49% APR.
Rewards: Reward amounts vary with this Discover card, but you’ll always earn at least 1% cash back on qualifying purchases. Each quarter, there are rotating categories that reward you with 5% cash back for eligible purchases.
Bonus Offers: If you have multiple credit cards, you may want to focus on this one for your first year. Discover matches all cash-back rewards from your first 12 months as a cardholder.