- Incredible dark roasted flavor
- Taste is good to the last drop
- Smooth and delicious
This is one of the finest medium roasts you’re going to find on the market. It’s smoky and offers a hint of molasses to give it a cocoa sort of aroma, but this is a strong brew.
Not quite bold enough for those looking for a strong cup of coffee. And, although it's the preferred coffee of a hotel chain, it may not taste the same at home.
According to one reviewer, the Diedrich French Roast Blend evokes the scent of “smoldering cigarettes,” but with a chocolaty body. Even though that sounds strange, it all comes together for a supremely manly flavor.
For a smooth coffee, the flavor is delightfully strong. So much so that you might be afraid that the second cup will keep you awake all night. Don’t worry, it won’t (well, not if you can handle your coffee). It’s definitely better priced than other dark roasts and carried the flavor without any nasty bitter aftertaste. This is a real winner and has a place in every coffee lover’s kitchen.
- Flavor: This offers an incredible flavor. No really, this is a coffee that you want to drink – and it doesn’t have the bitterness you would expect in other dark roasts.
- Body: When body isn’t the most important aspect, this one will definitely work for you.
- Aroma: Smells enticing because it is a solid cup of coffee.
- Price: Sadly, this isn’t cheap enough at 60 cents a cup, but it’s not the most expensive either.
Bottom Line: If a bold French blend is your thing, this is the one you want. It’s not a coffee you can drink all day, however. It’s much better for that special afternoon break.
- Rated #4 in 13 Best Tasting K-Cup Coffee Flavors