Best Fixed Value Travel Rewards Card
- Signup bonus: 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don't expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. There is a fee for balance transfers.
- Regular purchase and balance transfer APR of 17.24%, 21.24% or 24.24% Variable
Our Detailed Review
The also mentioned Chase Sapphire Preferred Card earns 2x the points on (only) travel and dining. However, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard gets 2x more points on all purchases. Additionally, cardholders get a 5% miles redemption bonus every time they cash in their rewards card.
One more thing - users have access to World Elite Mastercard travel benefits such as a concierge service, upgrades, and discounts!
For all its great features, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard has some issues. First of all, points can't be transferred from the card. Then there's the fact that there are some others on this list of the best rewards credit cards that have more or less the same perks, but at a lower annual fee.
Application Process: Online, with an instant response!
Fees: Unfortunately, there is an annual fee. It's $89, which is waived the first year.
There's a balance transfer fee of 3% or $5, whichever is greater, of your transfer total. Foreign transaction fees don't apply, so enjoy your travels!
A late payment will set you back up to $37, as will a returned payment.
APR: No introductory offers for APR, so you're looking at a variable rate between 16.99% to 23.99%. That said, you might appreciate the 0% rate on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening, for 12 months.
Rewards: Rewards include flexible travel rewards that can be booked through the credit card website. Points can also be exchanged for statement credit, gift cards, or merchandise. Though, to get the most bang for your buck, we recommend you stick with the travel rewards.
You get 2x miles for all qualifying purchases, and there's a 5% miles-back redemption bonus each time you cash in your rewards. You must redeem at least $100 in rewards at a time, which is a significant increase from the card's original $25 minimum. Each reward mile is worth approximately $0.01, but post-redemption rewards are worth roughly 1.05 cents.
Bonus Offers: Earn 50,000 miles when you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months. This is equivalent to a $500 travel credit.