- It’s called a double cash card for a reason: it pays you back, twice—get 1% cashback on all purchases with absolutely no spending limits, and an additional 1% on all monthly payments (as long as you keep up with your minimum payments)
- Straightforward rewards redemption process
- ValuePenguin says it’s "Easily the best cashback card on the market."
This is really nitpicking, but there are a few things about this credit card that might give you pause. First, there’s no sign-up bonus, a major bummer for those conditioned to expect them when opening a new credit card account. Second, you technically can’t redeem rewards whenever you want—you’ll have to wait until earning at least $25 in rewards, as this amount represents the minimum for cash back redemption.
- Earn cash back twice on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases.
- Balance Transfers do not earn cash back
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.99% - 24.99% based on your creditworthiness*
- Click 'Apply Now' to see the applicable balance transfer fee and how making a balance transfer impacts interest on purchases.
- No categories to track, no caps on cash back, no annual fee*
Application Process: Apply online on Citi’s website.
Annual Fee: There’s no annual fee—perfect for the young adult just getting started with building their credit.
APR: Enjoy the benefits of 0% APR for purchases and balance transfers within the first 15 months of account opening. Just don’t get too comfortable—you’ll be assessed a variable APR between 14.49% to 24.49% once the honeymoon is over.
Note that balance transfers do not earn cash back, and must be completed within 4 months after account opening. There will be a balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% of the total amount, whichever is greater.
Rewards and Redemption Options: You can claim your rewards as statement credit, a gift card, or as a check in the mail. Note that the minimum cash back redemption is $25.
Bonus Offers: As already stated, there are no bonus offers to get particularly excited about, but you’ll be happy to know that this credit card comes with:
- A free pass on your first late fee;
- Special access to presale tickets and VIP packages and complimentary movie screenings; and
- Travel insurance and purchase protection.
Variable APR14.74% - 24.74%
Cash Advance APR26.49%
Intro APR0% on Balance Transfers for 18 months
- Rated #1 in 4 Best Credit Cards for Young Adults