Why People Love it
- So nice, they pay you twice: 1% back on purchases, and 1% when you pay your credit card bill.
- Keep earning cash back with no limits!
- Breaking up with a bad credit card or consolidating debt? The Cici Double Cash Card offers 0% APR for 15 entire months! Plus, no annual fee.
Application Process: Apply online, and get a decision within 60 seconds or less.
Annual Fee: No annual fee! So more cash in your pocket. Additionally, there's a balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% of the amount, whichever is greater.
APR: 0% APR for purchases and balance transfers in the first 15 months (that's a long time for a new credit card account, and the best deal on this list for this feature), then a variable APR between 14.49% to 24.49% based on credit worthiness. Balance transfers do not earn cash back and must be completed 4 months from account opening. CreditDonkey recommends this card if you're trying to consolidate your debt, thanks to the low introductory APR/balance transfer fees.
Rewards: You can claim your rewards as a statement credit, gift card, or a check in the mail, with a minimum cash back redemption amount of $25 required.
Bonus Offers: The Citi Double Cash Card offers a number of benefits, though none of an overt monetary nature. Instead, credit card benefits are more lifestyle focused, and include:
- A free pass on your first late fee
- Special access to pre-sale tickets and VIP packages and complimentary movie screenings (℅ citiprivatepass.com)
- Travel insurance and purchase protection
First and foremost, the Citi Double Cash Card is straightforward to use, and the benefits are great. Earning 1% on purchases, then another 1% when paying your bill is a unique concept to this card--which is why it's earned its place on this list of the best cash back credit cards. Additionally, no limits on cash back means that your cash back potential truly is endless!
Where the Citi Double Cash Card lacks is in the initial rush that accompanies the signup process for a new credit card. There are some "bonuses" that come with your initial use of the card, but nothing to get excited about. Additionally, using your cash back requires a minimum cash back redemption of $25.
- Rated #2 in 6 Best Cash Back Credit Cards