Best 0 APR Credit Card to Slowly Pay Off Balance Transfers
Variable APR14.49% - 24.49%
Cash Advance APR26.74%
Intro APR0% on purchases for 12 months and 0% on balance transfers for 21 months.
- Rated #4 in 5 Best 0% APR Credit Cards
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 21 months from date of first transfer. All transfers must be completed in first 4 months. After that the variable APR will be 14.49% - 24.49%, based on your creditworthiness*
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 12 months from date of account opening. After that the variable APR will be 14.49% - 24.49%, based on your creditworthiness*
- If you transfer a balance with this offer, after your 0% intro purchase APR expires, both new purchases and unpaid purchase balances will automatically accrue interest until all balances, including your transferred balance, are paid in full
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- No annual fee*
- Free access to FICO® Scores*
Our Detailed Review
- Low credit limits for some cardholders
- No rewards program
- Hard to get late fees waived
Application Process: Apply online in minutes for a shot at getting this Citi Diamond Preferred card. You can also apply via the phone by calling 1-800-505-1675 if you prefer.
Having a FICO score above 690 may help your approval odds.
Fees: If you're the type of person who rushes to cancel cards before the annual fee hits, relax. This Citi card has no annual fee, so you can take your time paying off balance transfers and purchases.
This isn’t a fee-free card, though. Balance transfers cost 5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. A cash advance will set you back $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
There’s also a foreign transaction fee of 3% for overseas transactions in US dollars. Late payments and returned payments usually cost $35, and cardholders warn that it’s difficult to get these fees waived.
APR: Make the most of your 0% APR during the promotional period because it jumps to somewhere between 14.49% and 24.49% after that. The promotional period lasts 12 months for purchases and 21 months for balance transfers. This is one of the longest promotions we’ve seen for balance transfers.
The cash advance APR is 26.74%. Try not to pay late or have a payment bounce so you can avoid the 29.99% penalty APR.
Rewards: None, unfortunately. But this card is geared more toward people who need to pay off balances from old cards, not people who want to rack up new debt.
However, the card does offer a 24/7 Citi Concierge to help you plan for your next trip or score deals on goods and services.
Bonus Offers: None.