This recipe cooks up fast (in about 30 minutes). Even better, this scrummy meal is about 300 calories per serving. Of course, it tastes like a lot more. That’s important when you’re attempting to follow a calorie-controlled diet. It’s a lot easier to work off that belly fat (or keep it off) when you can whip up a deliciously filling meal which boasts more flavor than calories. And, since this recipe makes 4 servings, you can pack up leftovers for the office (if you’re not feeding a family of 4, that is).
- 2 each Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (about 1 pound for both)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- the freshly-squeezed juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, sliced
- 2 each Broccoli stems, peeled into slices with a vegetable peeler
- 2 stalks Celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup Almonds, toasted (or hazelnuts)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- a pinch or 2 of Salt
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
Place chicken breasts in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and allow chicken to cook for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the oil and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Add the brussels sprouts, broccoli, celery, almonds and parsley.
Once chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and run breasts under cold water. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken with your hands and add to the salad. Toss to coat the chicken and vegetable mixture with the oil blend. Divide into bowls, top with a sprinkling of cheese and salt and serve.