- Frequent travelers and fodies earn 3x more points on related purchases
- Earn an automatic $300 statement credit for travel purchases throughout the year (every year)
- Get rewards on your rewards when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards, which becomes up to 4.5% back according to Value Penguin
Even for the best of the best Chase credit cards, it can certainly be hard to justify the high annual fee and high spending required to get bonus rewards. While the Chase Sapphire Reserve is generous in the rewards it offers users, it’s only recommended for people that extensively travel, spend a lot on dining, and can earn enough rewards to pay back the hefty $450 annual fee.
- Earn 50K bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Plus, no foreign transaction fees
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority PassTM Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Application Process: Online, using a similar form to apply for all of the best chase credit cards.
Annual Fee: A whopping $450, but check out the bonus offers to understand how this is justified.
APR: A variable rate between 16.49% and 23.49%
Rewards: Get 50% more value when you redeem rewards points through Chase Ultimate Rewards program. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 on Chase Ultimate Rewards. Alternatively, you can redeem rewards points for statement credit, but at a 1 point to 1 cent ratio.
Bonus Offers: Here's where things get juicy. Though the credit card may seem hard to justify at $450/year, the bonuses are plentiful and include the ability to:
- Earn 3x more points on travel and dining and 1 point per $1 spent on other purchases
- Automatically receive $300 in statement credit for travel purchases charged to your card every year
- Get up to $100 in application fee credit for TSA Pre-check or Global Entry
- Elite travel benefits, like access to over 1000 airport lounges worldwide
Variable APR17.24% - 24.24%
Cash Advance APR26.24%
Bonus OffersEarn 50K bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
Rewards Rate1 point per dollar
- Rated #1 in 5 Best Chase Credit Cards