- If you have more than one Chase credit card, you can earn more by transferring points and splitting your spending between the two cards.
- Freedom and flexibility: the flat 1.5% cash back rate isn't limited to a specific category.
- The bonus offers are easily attainable and include a $150 bonus after spending $500 within 3 months after opening.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited card doesn't offer any specific bonus categories, due to its nature as a flat-rate cash back credit card. So those who know their high-spending categories (like groceries, for example) may want to opt instead for a cash back credit card that caters to their spending habits.
While going through this list, you'll also notice that it's not the highest flat-rate cash back card around. There's also a foreign transaction fee, so if you want a credit card specifically for international travel you should look into opening a credit card that caters specifically to travelers.
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
- Earn a $150 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first three months from account opening, plus a $25 bonus when you add an authorized user and make a purchase during the same period.
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.24 to 24.99%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back.
- No annual fee
Application Process: Online, over the phone, or at a branch. Online is the easiest method, but it's nice to know that you have options!
Annual Fee: No annual fee! How's that for maximizing the money in your pocket? Balance transfer fees are $5 or 5% of the transferred amount (whichever is greater).
APR: 0% APR for the first 15 months, then a variable APR of 16.24% to 24.99%.
Rewards: You can redeem your rewards as cash back in the form of:
- Bank account deposits
- Statement credits
Or, you can also redeem rewards using the Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Ultimate Rewards points are worth 1 cent each and may be claimed through the Ultimate Rewards portal for:
- General merchandise purchases made through the portal, or third-party retailers (such as Amazon)
- Travel purchases
HuslerMoneyBlog sees this as a perk similar to using the Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
Bonus Offers: Earn a $150 bonus after spending $500, within 3 months after opening a new account. Additionally, you can also earn $25 if you opt to add an authorized user of the card, and that person makes their first purchase within the 3 month period.