Best Cash Back Card
Variable APR16.49% - 25.24%
Cash Advance APR26.49%
Intro APR0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 15 months
Bonus OffersEarn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Rated #2 in 6 Best Credit Card Offers
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic.
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.49-25.24%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back.
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠.
- No annual fee.
- No alternating bonus rewards (but this is a perk for some users)
- Requires good or excellent credit
Application Process: Share basic info like your name, date of birth, and Social Security Number for a speedy approval. You may get rejected if your credit history needs some TLC, as this card focuses on applicants with good to excellent credit.
Fees: The Chase Freedom Unlimited has no annual fee - ever! That’s surprising for a card with unlimited cash-back rewards.
Balance transfers cost $5 or 5% of each transfer amount, whichever is greater. Cash advances are $10 or 5% of each transaction amount, whichever is greater.
Foreign Transactions cost 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars, so you may prefer the Chase Sapphire Preferred card instead if you travel overseas frequently.
As with the Chase Sapphire Preferred, the Chase Freedom Unlimited uses a sliding scale for late fees. Expect to shell out up to $15 if the balance is less than $100, up to $27 if the balance is $100 to less than $250, and up to $37 if the balance is $250 or more.
Returned payments cost up to $37. The card doesn’t have an over-the-limit fee, but you should still spend responsibly.
APR: There’s a 0% promotional APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. When that ends, the Chase Freedom Unlimited has a standard variable APR that falls between APR 16.49% and 25.24% based on creditworthiness.
Regardless of your credit, cash advances have a variable 26.49% APR.
Rewards: Rack up unlimited cash back rewards with this Chase card. You get 1.5% cash back for every qualifying purchase, and you can redeem your rewards whenever you’re ready - even if you just have a few bucks. There’s no rush to cash out, though; rewards don’t expire as long as your account remains open and in good standing.
Unlike some other popular cash-back credit cards, this card doesn’t have rotating bonus categories. Some cardholders dislike this about the card, while others say they enjoy the simplicity. You earn the same cash-back percentage for every purchase, whether you’re dining out at your favorite restaurant or revamping your wardrobe.
Bonus Offers: Collect a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases during the first 3 months your account is open.