- 0% promotional APR for 12 months
- Unlimited cash back on qualifying purchases
- No annual fee
- Points lose value if you request gift cards or cash back rather than travel rewards
- High fee for late payments
- Not ideal for folks who don’t travel often
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
- Earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day and pay no annual fee
- New! Earn 10 miles per dollar on hotels when you pay with your VentureOne card at hotels.com/venture; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Enjoy a low intro APR on purchases for 12 months; 13.49%-23.49% variable APR after that
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- No foreign transaction fees
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many miles you can earn
Application Process: Input some basic info into the online app to potentially receive an immediate decision. If you get approved but don’t qualify for a credit limit that’s at least $5,000, you’ll receive the Visa Platinum card instead.
Fees: Cardholders like that there’s no annual fee, but fees for cash advance advances and late payments are high. Cash advances require a minimum of $10 or 3%, whichever is greater, of the withdrawal amount. Late payments will land you a $38 fee.
APR: Pay either 13.49%, 19.49% or 23.49% for purchases depending on your credit history. Same goes for balance transfers. Cash advances have a 24.49% APR regardless of your creditworthiness.
Rewards: Rack up 1.25 miles per dollar for every qualifying purchase. If you book a room through hotels.com/venture, you can score up to 10 miles per dollar spent.
There are numerous redemption options, but some are better than others. You can redeem your points for previous purchases made through Purchase Eraser, or you can apply them toward new purchases from the Rewards Center.
You can also use rewards for gift cards or cash back, but keep in mind you’ll lose some points that way. Points currently lose around 50% of their value if you use them for cash or gift cards rather than travel perks.
Rewards never expire - unless you or Capital One closes your account.
Bonus Offers: Score 20,000 miles - which is $200 in travel perks - once you spend at leats $1,000 on qualifying purchases within 3 months after you open your account. Balance transfers do not count toward this bonus offer.
Variable APR13.49% - 23.49%
Cash Advance APR24.49%
Rewards Rate1.25 miles per dollar
Intro APR0% on purchases for 12 months
Bonus OffersEnjoy a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
- Rated #2 in 6 Best Low Interest Credit Cards