- Save time and effort redeeming rewards with the simple earning structure and redemption process
- Redemption is flexible: miles don't expire and there are no blackout dates
- Low fees and great rewards provide a good balance where the scales tip in your favor
If you can truly call it a “con”, there are no airline specific perks if you're partial to a specific airline. Furthermore, the credit card’s greatest strength lies in travel rewards—the cash back rewards are pretty weak. Finally, you’ll want to do your research to see if the travel categories are relevant to your life, or not. After all, amusement parks, tourist attractions, and RV rentals are not considered under the umbrella of “travel”.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, every day
- New! Earn 10 miles per dollar on hotels when you pay with your Venture card at hotels.com/venture; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
Application Process: Online, through Capital One’s portal.
Annual Fee: You’ll get free access during your first year, then the card is $59 per year after that. If that’s still too much, Money Under 30 recommends the card’s cousin: the Capital One VentureOne Rewards card.
APR: No special deals during signup. Instead, a variable rate between 13.99% to 23.99% will be assessed, and there’s a cash advance APR of 23.99%.
Rewards: There are two ways to claim rewards using Capital One’s Venture Miles Rewards credit card:
- Use the rewards platform to find hotel, flight, and rental car deals, or...
- Use Capital One’s Purchase Eraser to get statement credit for a flight or hotel stay made with the card. The Purchase Eraser is different from the aforementioned option because there is no minimum for full travel statement credit options, just a 2,500 mile minimum for partial travel credit redemptions.
Bonus Offers: Receive a one-time bonus of 40,000 miles when you spend $3,000 with the card in the first 3 months of account opening, which is equal to $400 in rewards.
Variable APR14.24% - 24.24%
Cash Advance APR24.24%
Bonus OffersEnjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
Rewards Rate2 miles per dollar
Annual Fee$0 for the first year, then $95