Best for Frequent Travelers
Variable APR14.49% - 24.49%
Cash Advance APR24.49%
Rewards Rate2 miles per dollar
Annual Fee$0 for the first year, then $95
Bonus OffersEnjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel.
- Rated #4 in 6 Best Credit Card Offers
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
- New! Earn 10 miles per dollar on hotels when you pay with your Venture card at hotels.com/venture; learn more at hotels.com/venture.
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime.
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates.
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that.
- Nontransferable points
- Reduced redemption value for cash rewards
- Requires good credit for approval
Application Process: Check your approval odds using Capital One’s prequalification tool before you apply. The tool doesn’t leave a hard inquiry on your credit report, so you can use it with no worries.
After that, spend a few minutes answering basic questions about your name, residence, and Social Security Number. You may score an instant approval, or you might have to wait a couple of weeks for an answer.
Fees: Test drive this travel rewards card for 12 months without shelling over money for an annual fee. After that, expect to pay $95 per year.
There’s a transfer transaction fee that totals 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR. There is no fee for balances transferred using the standard transfer APR.
You’ll shell out $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater, if you use your credit card like a debit card. You’ll also pay a higher APR on cash advances.
Late payment fees run up to $38, but you can sometimes get your first late payment fee waived.
APR: The standard variable APR varies from 14.49% to 24.49% depending on your credit history. Cash advances have a 24.49% variable APR.
Rewards: Rake in 2 miles per dollar spent on everyday purchases. Some hotels qualify for as much as 10 miles per dollar spent, so consider that when you plan your next getaway.
Cardholders generally like the rewards offered by the Capital One Venture card. However, there are numerous complaints about the reduced cash value associated with redemptions. If you trade points for cash, expect to collect half the value you’d get for travel perks.
Bonus Offers: Don’t apply unless you plan to book trips with this card right away. New cardholders qualify for a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 on purchases during their first 3 months. This equals $500 toward travel expenses.