Best Baby Shampoo for Eczema
- This is perfect for sensitive skin and even helps control eczema
- The gentle formula leaves skin feeling soft
- It's fragrance-free and, yet, it smells great
There are no added fragrances, clear formula chemicals, sulfates, or DEA. You also won't find any scent-masking agents; you will, however, spot organic and sustainably-grown ingredients on this label.
Unfortunately, this is just a little pricey for some parents to justify - especially if their baby doesn't battle eczema.
Sadly, skin sensitivities can begin at any age - and eczema can be a real burden for babies. There are plenty of products on the market that are all natural and purported to help alleviate skin conditions, including eczema. However, this one from California Baby is the real deal. Of course, there are a lot of benefits here. It's a body wash as well as a shampoo and it's even safe for baby's first bath. It's a vegan product that even adults can use with terrific results. So, you may end up with a single bottle in the bathroom. How nice would that be?
- What’s Inside? As with any vegan formula, this one is entirely plant and mineral-based. It's also gluten, soy, and dairy-free. On top of that, it's virtually nut-free, with the exception of coconuts. This shampoo and baby wash has been allergy tested and deemed to be completely safe. It's free of clear formula chemicals and scent masking agents. As you would expect, there are no parabens, PABA, phthalates, or dyes in this shampoo either. And, it's been shown to be non-drying. It does have organic aloe vera and soapbark, which work together to maintain a healthy scalp without stripping natural oils. Basically, it could probably be labeled as a healthy, cleansing water.
- Easy to Use? The pump bottle is excellent and holds a lot more than many other products on this list. However, this is a low-foaming formula and you shouldn't expect to get a gorgeous lather with it. However, an easy rinse is all you need to remove it and leaving it on for a longer period of time will enable you to get tough dirt from hair and skin.
- Tear-Free? Yes! And that's important without the foaming lather you get with other products.
- How Does It Smell? This isn't the best-smelling shampoo on the list; indeed, it's fragrance-free. But, it's created to alleviate skin sensitivities rather than smell good, and that's the tradeoff.
- And the Cost? You'll pay about $1.03 per fluid ounce when you order from Amazon. That's nowhere close to the cheapest baby shampoo on the list. But, it's also not the most expensive. And, for a natural product that helps babies cope with eczema, it's really not a bad price.
- Rated #3 in 7 Best Baby Shampoos