- Spend enough on this card to unlock a companion travel pass
- Book your next flight with a generous signup bonus that will probably cover the cost
- Spend money abroad without racking up additional fees
The cons for this card are somewhat problematic. First, there's the fact that Avios can only be redeemed with Oneworld partners, and the only domestic partner is American Airlines. Additionally, British Airways is known for high surcharges and taxes which you will need to pay when claiming any free flights that you earn. If you want to avoid high fees and don't like the limited travel options, you should look elsewhere on this list of the best airline miles credit cards.
- 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Earn an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $10,000 total on purchases within your first year from account opening for a total of 75,000 bonus Avios.
- Earn a further 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 total on purchases within your first year from account opening for a total of 100,000 bonus Avios.
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you'll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years
- In addition to the bonus Avios, you will also get 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home
Application Process: Online, through Chase.
Annual Fee: An annual fee of $95, which is not waived for the first year as are many on this list of the best airline credit cards.
APR: A variable rate between 16.99% to 23.99%.
Rewards: Pretty straightforward: Earn 3 Avios per $1 spent on British Airways purchases, and 1 Avios per $1 spent on other purchases. According to Hustler Money Blog, Avios are the new shared rewards currency for British Airways Executive Club.
Bonus Offers: As with earning rewards, bonus offers are fairly straightforward, and break down as such:
- 50,000 bonus Avios after spending $3,000 within 3 months of opening the account.
- Earn additional 25,000 Avios after spending a total of $10,000 on purchases within the first year (for a total of up to 75,000 Avios).
- Earn an additional 25,000 Avios after spending a total of $20,000 on purchases within the first year (for a total of up to 100,000 Avios).
- For every $30,000 spent using your British Airways Visa Signature Card, you earn a Travel Together ticket valid for 2 years.
Variable APR16.99% - 23.99%
Cash Advance APR25.99%
Bonus OffersEarn 50,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months.
Rewards Rate3 points (3 Avios) for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases, plus 1 point per dollar on everyday purchases with no cap on spending
- Rated #5 in 5 Best Airline Credit Cards