After 10 hours of research evaluating 750 products, we picked Repel Windproof Umbrella as our top choice.
Unless you're Gene Kelly in Singin' in the Rain, chances are you grab your umbrella when it's pouring outside. Umbrellas are like coats or jackets: they're intended to deal with a very specific weather problem. As long as you have it handy on those rainy days, you'll stay dry (well, as dry as possible!).
They're just so handy!
Cheap umbrellas aren't going to last, thanks to their flawed design and weak materials. The best umbrella—a properly built, durable one—will cost a bit more, but it's totally worth having for all those rainy days.
Below, we've got a list of the best umbrella choices for you, based on hours of research investigating hundreds of products, reading thousands of user reviews, and doing a bit of testing (with the muddy boots to prove it). These umbrellas are the ones you want to have when the clouds start going grey, so read on to find out which umbrellas suit your needs best.
- Look and feel like the classic umbrella-toting gentleman
- Durable, reliable, and built to last!
- Hook the umbrella over your arm for easy carrying
- An umbrella designed for riding the bus, train, or cab
- Collapsible, compact, and very safe for those around you
- Durable and feels solid in your hand
- Lightweight and beautifully compact; you'll forget it's in your bag or purse!
- Simple and reliable, for a great price
- Good rain protection, no risk of mold or mildew
- Canopy undamaged if umbrella flips open
- Durable, heavy duty materials used
- Resilient frame built for heavy winds and rain
- VERY well-designed canopy, joints, and handles
- Can stand up to upwards of 55 MPH winds
- Compact and collapsible, yet offers good rain protection
- Protect your stylish hairdo from wind and rain
- Clear canopy keeps you fully visible to those around you
- Durable, reliable, and backed by a lifetime warranty
- A well-built, reliable, compact umbrella
- Solid ribs and durable fabric can handle heavy winds and rain
- Inexpensive yet a great product for the price