After 21 hours of research evaluating 108 products, we picked Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card as our top choice.
Quick List: 4 Best
The top four picks on our list
- High earning rate
- Flexible point redemption at a variety of frequent flyer programs and Marriott Rewards
- Annual fee waived the first year
- Get a big sign-up bonus plus bonus rewards on Delta purchases
- Extra perks like priority boarding, free checked bags, and in-flight discounts
- Annual fee is waived the first year
- Offers a decent sign-up bonus and rewards rate for no annual fee
- You can earn up to 2.625 points per dollar with Bank of America Preferred Rewards
- Introductory 0% APR promotion on purchases
- Get a great sign-up bonus to start you out right
- Make it rain with premium perks, including airline fee credits, Uber credits, and other travel perks
- Earn bonus rewards on eligible airline and hotel purchases through Amex Travel
- Earn more with 2x the points for every $1 spent!
- Get rewards for using your rewards with a 5% miles redemption bonus
- Use rewards to cover travel expenses like AirBnB stays or award ticket fees
- It offers a large signup bonus compared with similar cards
- You'll get a rewards boost if you use your points to book travel through Chase
- Redeem points for airlines and hotels, without being tied to any specific companies
For those of us that have both a passion for both travel and spending, travel rewards cards are more than just a way to build credit, but a way of life.
Now we know that sounds dramatic, but we guarantee that it's not. If you shop and travel regularly you simply must consider applying for a travel rewards credit card—the benefits will largely outweight the annual fee.
In fact, the best travel credit cards will not only offer some pretty delicious rewards, they can enable you to travel for free in many cases.
That's why we see it as an important mission to help you find the best travel credit card for your individual needs.
Let me explain:
So, if you're not familiar with travel reward credit cards, you may be wondering what types of benefits they may offer. Well let us tell you, the possibilities are endless!
Many cards offer rewards may be used toward a variety of hotel, airline, and rental car brands. Others are associated with a single hotel or airline. But regardless of where your allegiances lie, we promise our list includes something for everyone.
What's the bottom line?
And if you're wondering how to know whether or not it's okay to add yet another piece of plastic to your collection, check out our recent blog post on "How many credit cards should you have?" It will tell you everything you need to know about maximizing credit benefits, depending on your individual financial situation.
Now, onto our list of the best travel credit cards ever!
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated February 24, 2018 but some terms and conditions may have changed or are no longer available. For the most accurate and up to date information please consult the terms and conditions found on the issuer website.