After 12 hours of research evaluating 55 products, we picked Sun Bum Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion as our top choice.
With summer just around the corner, it's time to break out the beachwear, the BBQ set, or those beach party outfits. The sun's coming out, meaning you're going to have plenty of hours spent enjoying the great outdoors.
Hooray for summer!
Don't forget the tanning lotion!
Tanning lotion not only encourages a better bronzing, but it can protect you from UV radiation and sunburns. The best tanning lotion will help you get a tan in less time, meaning you can get out of the sun (or cover up with sunscreen) to reduce the risk of melanoma.
We've done the research to find only the best tanning lotions for you—both for indoor AND outdoor use. Read on to find out everything you need to get that gorgeous tan you've been looking forward to all winter long!
- Perfect for helping fair-skinned people get a proper tan
- NOT a bronzer; ensures you get an actual tan, not just a layer of color
- Great smell, looks good, and works effectively
- A tanning lotion that moisturizes and protects your skin
- Great smell; light, airy fragrance
- Not too thick or greasy, easy to apply
- Bronzes your skin and leaves it soft and supple
- Can be used outdoors as well as with a tanning bed
- Works with fair and pale skin; get that bronze you want!
- An inexpensive, reliable all-natural tanning lotion
- Great for surfers, beach volleyball players, and more active beachgoers
- Tan faster; leads to darker skin in less time
- Get a near-perfect tan without spending a moment in the sun
- Easy to apply (thanks to accompanying mitt); color sets quickly
- Natural-looking tan; low risk of patchy or streaky areas
- Protect your skin from radiation while getting a beautiful tan
- Non-comedogenic, free of parabens/PABA, vegan, and gluten-free
- A highly effective lotion for light bronzing